TRANSITIONING: Cats need to go through a detox / transitioning period when they first switch to raw food. Here are some helpful tips!
- Stop free feeding them and implement set meal times 2-3 times a day.
- Start with one protein source (chicken is a good option).
- Try fasting them for half a day before feeding them (never exceed over 24 hours).
- Option 1: Cold Turkey Switch
- Immediately start feeding raw
- Option 2: Gradual Switch
- Follow the chart below
- Additional Toppings (if needed): parmesan cheese, fish flakes, bone broth, canned tuna. Make your best judgment and slowly wean them off.